14 May 2009

Seasonal Specialties

Or, what's on sale at the Berkeley Bowl. And how to use it before it spoils! Good looking strawberries, for one. These became strawberry shortcake with corn shortcakes and whipped cream taken to Kate and Elana's house for dessert.


And over ripe hot house tomatoes, turned fresh salsa.



But the bag of Five Ready-to-eat-yesterday Very Large Haas Avocados has me a little puzzled. I'm taking suggestions about what to do with them. Guacamole obviously, but five avocado guacamole seems a bit much. Am I wrong?


Help me save them!

4 comments:

hampants said...

Green Goddess Dressing! There was a recipe for in in one of the recent bon-appetites in the restaurant section. Now i know you get that mag...

Meg said...

Hi Mary! It's Meg (Meyer). How are you?? I have to say that I discovered your blog (through, ahem, facebook) and I love it. It feeds my suppressed artsy/crafty side :)

Avocado milkshakes are pretty good! (avocado, ice, sugar, milk, ice cream, lemon or lime juice)

Mary Casper said...

those are both superb ideas!

Gerik Forston said...

sooooo, just eating them with a spoon isn't an option?

you know we're jealous out here...