31 January 2010

The Hikes


As I mentioned, I'm really not much of a walker. Give me an alternative and I will likely take it. But in the spirit of the aforementioned cabin vacation, we took these really great walks while we were in Comptche. First into town, and then later, along one of the heirloom routes that Miriam's family has worked out over the last few decades. The latter cuts across several country lanes and through some great big woods. The photos speak pretty well for themselves.
















Despite these fantastic photos and my stellar company, I'm still not sure about walks. By the end, I felt like I was going to run.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i like how these photos oscillate between a sunny, happy atmosphere and a sad, contemplative blue light that makes it feel like something is ending between the 4 people present. regardless of the actual mood of the day, the pictures tell quite an emotionally complex story.